Café Mama is relaxed, informal, safe, baby-friendly, kid friendly, non-medical environment with medical professionals.
You may ask to see a certificate displayed showing staff's training and credentials.
Café Mama is a place:
- To meet other breastfeeding mamas.
- Where your breastfeeding relationship is valued, honored and protected.
- To receive accurate information about breastfeeding, from knowledgeable and trained lactation consultants
- To be helped in a way that respects you and your baby.
- Where we counsel with a ‘hands off’ approach. Sometimes we may ask permission to work over your hands so that you learn by doing.
- Where all information is evidence-based and protects and promotes breastfeeding and the relationship between you and your baby.
- That allows you to make informed decisions and where you will be supported in the decisions you make.
- Your records are confidential and will be shared only with your health care professionals with your permission.
- Others will not hold your baby or feed your children without your consent.
- Where your comfort is our main focus.